The 1920's in Bay County, Florida
The "Roaring '20s" made noise in the newly formed Bay County as well, with progress evident on a variety of front.
Bands were popular, with music offered up at McKenzie Park, local parades and just about anywhere people were willing to gather.
The Bay County Courthouse was an architectural symbol of progress with its impressive dome that supported four clocks until a fire near the end of the 1920 severely damaged the courthouse and destroyed the dome.
St. Andrews' first school,built in 1850, also burned that decade and voters approved the issuance of $60,000 in bonds to build the school that still stands today.
Liberty ships like the "Dwight L. Moody" were built and launched, Harrison Avenue was paved and a location known as Gulf Beach on the Lands End of Shell Island was already an attraction for locals and visitors.
Automobiles were becoming more common, as were moonshine stills. The St. Andrews Bay Lumber Co. was in full swing as were the turpentine gatherers.